Hosting Fellowship Hour
Coffee Hour - What Can I Do?
It's as simple as 1-2-3!!
1) Join a Team!
- Joining a team helps everyone share the cost and work of providing a meal ona Sunday.
- Teams are ideally comprised of 3 members or families, with one person designated as a "Team Lead". This Team Lead acts as a primary point of contact.
- If we have a lot of teams, then the schedule becomes nicely spread out. Join TODAY!
2) Bring Food!
- The real 'meat' of the ministry (see what I did there?). This is pretty straightforward, just work with your team as to what you want to bring, but here's a couple of things to keep in mind:
- It doesn't have to be a four course meal, but shouldn't be chips and crackers either. The idea is that as a team, no one feels overwhelmed with what, or how much, they should bring.
- Portions! Instead of cutting a bagel in half, cut in quarters! Simple things like this can be applied across the board.
- Ask around for ideas. Our teams have been quite resourceful. Or hey, search the internet for ideas too.
3) Clean Up!
- It's everyone's favorite part--cleaning! Seriously though, this isn't overly complicated. The team should stick around and clean up the eating are. Here's the highlights:
- Wipe down tables with cleaner and paper towels.
- Ditto for the food tables in hall and kitchen.
- Empty coffee pot and grinds.
- Sweep up any necessary areas.
- Take out trash and put new bags in.
- That's it! Believe me, it doesn't take very long and remember, it's a team effort!
Translation of the Image of Our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ; Diomedes the Physician & Martyr of Tarsus; Timothy of Euripus, founder of the Monastery of Pentele; Nicodemus the New Martyr of Meteora; Gerasimus of Cephalonia; Holy Monk Penteles; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; The Six Martyrs Dorotheos, Sarantis, Jacob, Seraphim, Demetrios and Basil who contested in Megara; Manuel and John the New Martyrs; Stamatios the Martyr; Apostolos the New-Martyr