Coffee Hour - What Can I Do?
It's as simple as 1-2-3!!
1) Join a Team!
· Joining a team helps everyone share the cost and work of providing a meal ona Sunday.
· Teams are ideally comprised of 3 members or families, with one person designated as a "Team Lead". This Team Lead acts as a primary point of contact.
· If we have a lot of teams, then the schedule becomes nicely spread out. Join TODAY!
2) Bring Food!
· The real 'meat' of the ministry (see what I did there?). This is pretty straightforward, just work with your team as to what you want to bring, but here's a couple of things to keep in mind:
- It doesn't have to be a four course meal, but shouldn't be chips and crackers either. The idea is that as a team, no one feels overwhelmed with what, or how much, they should bring.
- Portions! Instead of cutting a bagel in half, cut in quarters! Simple things like this can be applied across the board.
- Ask around for ideas. Our teams have been quite resourceful. Or hey, search the internet for ideas too.
3) Clean Up!
· It's everyone's favorite part--cleaning! Seriously though, this isn't overly complicated. The team should stick around and clean up the eating are. Here's the highlights:
- Wipe down tables with cleaner and paper towels.
- Ditto for the food tables in hall and kitchen.
- Empty coffee pot and grinds.
- Sweep up any necessary areas.
- Take out trash and put new bags in.
· That's it! Believe me, it doesn't take very long and remember, it's a team effort!
Sunday after Holy Cross; Nikitas the Great Martyr; Philotheos the Righteous; Bessarion of Larissa; Righteous Father Symeon, Archbishop of Thessolonica; John the New Martyr of Crete; Afterfeast of the Holy Cross; Porphyrios the Actor